Thursday, June 9, 2011

Kaycie Sez...

Good morning!  I am enjoying a coffee and watching my kids play before we kick this day into high gear.  I decided I would try to squeeze in some Kaycie-isms while all is calm here at the homestead:

Apparently said (so I hope I've quoted her correctly) while I was upstairs trying to get Knolan to sleep when we ventured out to Oakville yesterday to visit with my university roommate and another friend from residence (that I hadn't seen in 15 years!!  It was awesome, by the way.):  "So, what is there to do in this town?"

At breakfast: "My favourite food is bread and butter because I like bread with butter on top of it.  It tastes just like bread with butter on it!!"

One night she was having a really difficult time falling asleep, so I decided to lay beside her in bed until she fell asleep.  I read her stories, I softly sang her songs, I kissed her and snuggled her and then counted sheep for her until I was sure she was asleep.  As I slowly and carefully slid out of her bed and tried to tip toe out of the room, I jumped when I heard her firmly say:  "If you leave this room you are in BIG trouble!"  My goodness!

And introducing... The Kaycie Dictionary.  She has adapted these words somehow.  We keep trying to correct her, but to no avail:

- Lasterday.  Used in a sentence:  "Mom, remember when you bought that watermelon lasterday?"
- Callapitter.  Used in a sentence:  "Oooh!  Look!  There's a callapitter on our plant!"
- Porkules.  Used in a sentence: "Dad, can we watch the Porkules movie?"  (if you're still scratching your head, she's talking about Hercules.)

3 comments:

  1. Love that girl....and love her Mom & Dad

    Porkules...haw! haw! Love, Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was briefly concerned by the Porkules comment. Given our vintage, I thought she meant Porkies.

    ReplyDelete