Friday, December 24, 2010

Silent Night


Just a short note before I start our Christmas festivities. 

I am just sitting here finishing up the last of the gift wrapping and tidying and it struck me how silent it is right now with everyone in bed (I sent my husband to bed after working him hard today!).  Then it struck me how fortunate I am to have a noisy, raucous household full of people I love.  I know that we should be grateful year round for these true gifts of family and loved ones, but there is always a moment at Christmas time where I have a silent moment to myself - it's never planned - and I realize how much I have to be happy for.

Having just typed this, I am hearing the cries of my little babe over the monitor - what timing!  Happy Holidays to you all and I hope the season truly is bright for each of you!

Kirsten

1 comment: